StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Trade Goods > Product Review

Old 03-28-2007, 08:14 PM   #1
streatleathul

Any Thoughts On Dynamic Racing Trans

My trans is a dynamic racing c-4 all the bells and whistles JW bell,reverse valve body with the brake, deep pan, custom ratio heavy duty planet, hardened input shaft, Kevlar band and racin clutches. Total time on it is about 100 passes ranging from 6.50 1/8 to 9.87 1/4 fastest 1/8 to date is 5.90s.
No joke this trans has been more trouble than any thing I've ever had. Ive broken the revers input and then the input shaft, not to mention the fluid leaks. I'm to embarrassed to say what I paid for the unit, I really thought it might be worth it.
The guys at Dynamic Racing said it was good for 1000 horse power, believe me my car is not even close to that yet. Just trying to figure out what my next move will be. Thanks for any input. Rick
Old 03-29-2007, 06:10 AM   #2
04 Mach1
Bet I red light B4U

Send a message via AIM to 04 Mach1
Sounds like we have the same trans and problems. I know this has nothing to do with Dynamic but Mine came from Art Carr. Took them 3 times to get the convertor right, the last time they were wanting to know the stall on the brake while finding out it broke the input and front hub, it maybe had 5 passes. Then all the bolt that hold the front pump and bellhousing to the case decided to let loose. I even told them how shitty the threads were before I Installed it and they said ( its warrenty for a year what else do I want). Now that I have taught myself how to rebuild one I wish I would of gone that route in the first place. COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY.Where are the leaks, there are not that many places for it to leak from and all are pretty easy to fix.

Last edited by 04 Mach1; 03-29-2007 at 06:17 AM.
04 Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:10 PM   #3
streatleathul

Sorry for not getin back sooner. On the leaks you name it , but mostly the front pump gasket, pan gasket around the trans brake solenoid and of course the manual lever seal .
The front pump, as a lot of you know is most likely from the clearance problem on the bell housing, I just learned of this a few days ago! Why didnt Dynamic Racing know of this and solve the problem, thats my question.
The sad thing is I new how to build the unit. I was sold on the idea that they knew all the latest and greatest updates for strength that was available.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:41 PM   #4
coupe
Super Moderator

The C4 is not difficult to get right. I often wonder if some of these places aren't mass-producing a little more quantity than their quality control can keep up with.

I see the renegade cars kiss the 8-second-zone all the time with Dynamic Mighty Mites and the other nice brands. But ultimately, it is still a C4, with fairly small parts.

When you're ready to never worry about it again, get a TH400.