StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Trade Goods > Product Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 09:20 AM   #1
Jugg2Driver
TAC Cone King!

Kenny Brown Stage 2 Suspension Performance

Ok, so Paul turned me on to Kenny Brown's performance upgrades when I was looking to increase the handling and over all stability of my 2004 Mustang GT. Over the last couple of months SVPU has installed the complete Stage 2 Package on my car.
This includes:
Panhard Bar
Swaybar bushings
Strut tower brace
Rear shock brace
Super subframe connectors
Jacking Rails
Matrix bracing
Castor/Camber plates
4 point brace

Additional Items I had installed not included in Stage 2
KB UCA's & LCA's, Tokico Illuminas 5 way adjustable shocks/struts.

I'm am going to do my best to describe what is probably impossible.
Initially my intention was to get better handling while eliminating the typical mustang rear end issues (lateral movement, easily upset by rough surface, etc) so Paul turned me on to KB's panhard bar(we also installed new control arms and castor/camber plates). The installation was labor intensive, but straight forward (can be completed in a day). The improvement in the cars stability and ride was exceptional. It was like having a brand new vehicle. All the driving dynamics had changed. It was strange to be going through a turn at a decent rate of speed, mash the gas through the turn and feel the car's rear end plant and push you through the turn, tighter! Honestly, its hard to describe but this car asks to be pushed harder through turns!

Ok, so now that I have experienced the PHB, I decided I wanted more. So at Pauls advice we completed the stage 2 package. Essentially stiffening the car up completely. This installation put the strut brace, rear shock brace, 4 point brace(under K member), jacking rails, & matrix bracing(I already had the super subs installed). The results of these additions once again changed the dynamics of the car. The car is so stiff, it goes where ever you point with no hesitation or inkling of flex. Saw the wheel back and forth and you can feel just how tight the chassis has now become.

The only true way to get an idea of just what this Performance package can do is to experience it.

The KB products are top notch items, their qualilty is superb and installation is straight forward. If your desire is the improve handling, driveability, and stiffness I couldn't imagine a better package. The great thing about the KB package is you can do it in steps, each piece is independant and can be installed when ever you feel. You don't have to buy everything at once!

Bottom line is I highly recommend this package. It simply turns a Mustang into what it should have always been! A quick car with extreme handling!

For those of you that are like me and prefer the twisties to the straights, this is the performance mod to do!

Matt

2004 Oxford White Mustang GT 40th Aniversery(purposefully misspelled to annoy Brian) edition
Kenny Brown Stage 2 Suspension upgrade(Panhard bar, strut tower brace, rear shock brace, super subframe connectors, jacking rails, 4-point chassis brace, & Matrix bracing) Kenny Brown UCA's & LCA's. MAC cold air kit & cat-back exhaust!
Jugg2Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:06 AM   #2
EZ SPEED
Friends

Re: Kenny Brown Stage 2 Suspension Performance

Great review
Old 08-04-2005, 10:43 AM   #3
Jugg2Driver
TAC Cone King!

Thanks.

2004 Oxford White Mustang GT 40th Aniversery(purposefully misspelled to annoy Brian) edition
Kenny Brown Stage 2 Suspension upgrade(Panhard bar, strut tower brace, rear shock brace, super subframe connectors, jacking rails, 4-point chassis brace, & Matrix bracing) Kenny Brown UCA's & LCA's. MAC cold air kit & cat-back exhaust!
Old 08-04-2005, 05:53 PM   #4
M1Speed

still haven't found the limits yet?
Old 08-04-2005, 07:43 PM   #5
94five0
S-6 Mafia

Location: above a bowling alley and below another bowling alley.

yup its wicked.. course i can't tell if its cause the car is newer( than mine say) or the TK is helping it that much. but Paul is doin the full blown KB setup on his GA H/P coupe. las thurs, took it for a ride after he had the subs and jacking rails on... nice an tight, no "rear waggle". jus point an hold on... shit, if trooper depts had this on the cars, while they were still in service, they might not have retired em..

took hwy 25 in Moody riding w/ christian after he got his track kit on..WOW! everytime he came into a turn, the car jus wanted more speed.. its a different animal. more responsive, absolutley no nose-dive/ body roll..looks mean as hell too.. now its simply a matter of getting over the fear of entering a turn too fast.. 'cause the car will take it.. top speed we took a Fat switch back.. limit was 35... yah we were bout 65 goin through it..
Old 08-04-2005, 09:53 PM   #6
Jugg2Driver
TAC Cone King!

You should feel my car with the complete stage 2!

Old 08-06-2005, 02:19 AM   #7
1sicklx
BamaMafia 4 Life

awesome review matt!! the results of your car has partially influenced the next mod's I plan to do for mine
Old 08-06-2005, 06:17 AM   #8
Jugg2Driver
TAC Cone King!

Lemme know when you want to go for a ride, you had mentioned it at Barbers, but we never got around to it!

Old 08-06-2005, 12:40 PM   #9
1sicklx
BamaMafia 4 Life

went for a ride today ... just reaffirms my plans for the next mod's
Old 08-06-2005, 11:07 PM   #10
Jugg2Driver
TAC Cone King!

Starting to get the new tires broken in, you'll have to ride down 25 with me one day!