StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Dyno Room
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2008, 08:33 PM   #31
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian LX View Post
-- I would've thought the increased lift would've helped the upper RPM power.
I would have thought so as well. Since technically it is breathing more.

I would still play with the shift point though. Technically the torque is only important during launch. I would shift based on where your horsepower curve is during 2nd and 3rd. Based off the horsepower graph, I would shift higher than 5400. Do you have any pulls up to 6k rpm? If so, send me the file and I will forward it on to Marc Arnold. He has several different ways of analyzing the graph and could tell you exactly what rpm would be best to shift at
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy

Last edited by QWKSNKE; 04-07-2008 at 08:37 PM.
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:45 PM   #32
qkjuicedpony
Dayuuuuuuum!!!!!

What can I do to get me some dyno numbers like that..or bigger....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nice numbers Brian

07 F350 dooly.....Tows my fifth wheel
qkjuicedpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:11 AM   #33
SvoBrown

ANd if he can put it to the ground!! Would love to here it as it when it was on the dyno!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #34
banditmwp
Welcome to America!

Send a message via AIM to banditmwp Send a message via Yahoo to banditmwp

91 GT Convertible

2006 Nissan Titan LE Crew Cab
2014 Peterbilt 337/Marion 22' box
banditmwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:15 PM   #35
Evol393

Do you have enough torque yet?
Evol393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:55 PM   #36
NightHawk756
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Old 04-10-2008, 05:27 AM   #37
Wickd GT
Friends

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that has mostly to do with the cam I had ground. I asked for a lot of low end torque and I got it.

With the rocker change, I was thinking that if I increased the lift that it would maybe give it a bit more power up top, but apparently I was wrong. I'm guessing the duration has more to do with my lack of top-end power. (I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head.)
Big numbers, but that cam is killing that motor. That is not an RV! The 427 by it self has a ton of torque, plus nitrous is torque at the hit. Change that cam, so those heads can do their thing. You can get a cam that is streetable, and don't have to be huge. My suggestion is a cam with around .598/.610" with at least 244/256 at .050 with a 112 LS, speced for Nitrous. The spec on your cam are for pussy cars LOL. You are killing that motor with that cam, thats the reason of the low hp, with that motor on it self should have at least with a good cam 475-500hp, the rest is there to support a good cam. But for a street car, respectable numbers. The reason of your high torque is cause it is fat, the more you lean it, you see the numbers changing, hp picks up torque comes down. Good job, Brian. Another thing, when you are ready to spray it, put an AR3932 spark plug, not the ones with the long tips. Thats is a dissater waiting to happen.

Edgar
Wickd GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:34 AM   #38
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickd GT View Post
The spec on your cam are for pussy cars LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickd GT View Post
Another thing, when you are ready to spray it, put an AR3932 spark plug, not the ones with the long tips. Thats is a dissater waiting to happen.
I contemplated using the AR plugs after my machinist recommended them also. However, I have read where the non-resistor plugs (such as the AR series) cause excessive RF throughout the electrical system and wreak havoc on EFI cars.

I have tried to do searches on many forums with no such luck. Do you know people with ECU controlled cars that run the non-resistor plugs?

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:23 AM   #39
Wickd GT
Friends

Quote:

I contemplated using the AR plugs after my machinist recommended them also. However, I have read where the non-resistor plugs (such as the AR series) cause excessive RF throughout the electrical system and wreak havoc on EFI cars.

I have tried to do searches on many forums with no such luck. Do you know people with ECU controlled cars that run the non-resistor plugs?
All renegade cars run these plugs, in NMRA which are supercharge or Nitrous, and the drag radial cars too, and they have turbos FI. You can use an NGK-10 plug too, part number in Oreilly is 5820, they are cheaper and easier to read. That is what I'm been using latetly. Carlos car has a Michro tech Computer in his starlet and Camaro and has no issues with these plugs, working fine, I don't know who told you that but thats the plugs everyone uses. If you want to know more about this, go to yellowbullet.com, go to the forums and look up the Nitrous section, good info there.

Edgar
Wickd GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:21 PM   #40
coupe
Super Moderator

Edgar...be careful how much help you give ItalianLX; he might just come around you on the big end at the next track day. Or he may throw in a powerglide and take you out of the hole too.