StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 12:01 PM   #21
TheJeanyus
Administrator

Re: Supercharger Qs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacbear
With the set up that me and Rich have you can drive around normally (2500 rpm and under) and it is just like driving the car before the SC. That is one of the reasons I went with the centrifugal SC and not a roots or twin screw, I don't want my wife to be in the middle of wet Interstate on ramp and have 400 ft lb at 3000 rpm!
Doesn't your wife's truck have an Eaton.

My car is just like driving an N/A car under normal conditions. As long as you don't get on the throttle hard, you don't see any boost and it's just like a normal car.
TheJeanyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:43 PM   #22
tacbear
LE equipment inventor....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJeanyus
Doesn't your wife's truck have an Eaton.

My car is just like driving an N/A car under normal conditions. As long as you don't get on the throttle hard, you don't see any boost and it's just like a normal car.

Eaton + 5000 Lbs=NO----->
tacbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:10 PM   #23
Crzypny

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvbnhad
Not interested in the quiet systems at all. I'd rather have the whine. Money is a factor so I want to keep it below $4000.

Also has to be reliable (and streetable) enough that the wife has no problems driving it to the store, work, etc.
It's sad when all you care about is the noise factor.

I really liked the Saleen supercharger I had on the '00. Didn't even know it was there under normal driving conditions. It only engaged at 2500 rpms at full throttle.
Crzypny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:29 PM   #24
rtusnake
Halfshaft Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvbnhad
I'm not looking for anything that I would have to build the bottom end for. I want this to be something that I can let my wife drive (and feel comfortable about doing it). Also don't want to spend too terribly much.

I've been under the impression that the Paxton and Vortechs are practically the same thing since they have a partnership. I may be wrong.
You can buy a vortech tuner kit and come out cheaper than buying the complete kit. You could buy the t trim kit and I will trade you my s trim and some cash. Mine is low mileage. I really want a t trim lol
(='.'=)
(")_(")
rtusnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:31 PM   #25
coupe
Super Moderator

Another vote for S-trim.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:20 PM   #26
redhorse

Send a message via Yahoo to redhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzypny
It's sad when all you care about is the noise factor.

I really liked the Saleen supercharger I had on the '00. Didn't even know it was there under normal driving conditions. It only engaged at 2500 rpms at full throttle.
This coming from someone who said their car wasn't loud enough?
redhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #27
asilver2001gt
Dr Rob

Send a message via AIM to asilver2001gt

I'll give my perspective since I've had a Vortech S-trim, Novi 2000, and KB 2.2:

S-trim--Great first supercharger, car drove like stock until you opened up the throttle. Controlling the amount of boost was simple b/c even if you stomped on it, the car would flash to about 4-5 lbs and slowly rise to full boost.

Novi 2000--Never got to see the full potential of this blower but again very streetable. If you want big power, this is the one to go with but if you don't ever think you will build a motor put a 2.8 pulley and spin the bastard to 20 lbs then go with the Vortech

KB--Couldn't tell you anything but simply amazing. I don't know how a 1.7 would behave at 8-10 lbs but this freakin 2.2 is crazy at 19 lbs . Now, I personally like have the instant torque but if your wife is going to drive the car, I would be concerned about if she was driving in the rain with 400 rwtq at 3000 rpms, could get sideways

2006 Trailblazer SS:
TrickFlow 215's
Comp Cam 591/598
Fast 102
FLT Level VI

The DD
asilver2001gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:05 PM   #28
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by asilver2001gt
I'll give my perspective since I've had a Vortech S-trim, Novi 2000, and KB 2.2:

S-trim--Great first supercharger, car drove like stock until you opened up the throttle. Controlling the amount of boost was simple b/c even if you stomped on it, the car would flash to about 4-5 lbs and slowly rise to full boost.

Novi 2000--Never got to see the full potential of this blower but again very streetable. If you want big power, this is the one to go with but if you don't ever think you will build a motor put a 2.8 pulley and spin the bastard to 20 lbs then go with the Vortech

KB--Couldn't tell you anything but simply amazing. I don't know how a 1.7 would behave at 8-10 lbs but this freakin 2.2 is crazy at 19 lbs . Now, I personally like have the instant torque but if your wife is going to drive the car, I would be concerned about if she was driving in the rain with 400 rwtq at 3000 rpms, could get sideways
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:21 PM   #29
banditmwp
Welcome to America!

Send a message via AIM to banditmwp Send a message via Yahoo to banditmwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by asilver2001gt

Wait a minute...your car has a blower?

91 GT Convertible

2006 Nissan Titan LE Crew Cab
2014 Peterbilt 337/Marion 22' box
banditmwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 12:40 AM   #30
Crzypny

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhorse
This coming from someone who said their car wasn't loud enough?
Two different things. I was basing my reply on what he had stated in his post. Made it seem as though he was more interested in the noise than what the best choice would be.

If the best choice happens to be a quiet system you always have that element of surprise for your "victims".
Crzypny is offline   Reply With Quote