StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Project Cars

Old 06-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #21
BLOWN95GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyInBlack View Post
Crazy build

Though, it might run better with the motor IN the car.
Me to aparently the machine shop thinks otherwise. Still waiting on the motor
BLOWN95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #22
BLOWN95GT

Angry

So I talked to the machine shop today to see if any of the stroker kit parts had come in yet, and see what balance the motor was going to be. Well the guy says I need to bring him a cylinder head? He said they sent the wrong pistons and the only compression ratio pistons they had for the tw head was a 10.1 so now its gonna cost me more because they have to fly cut the piston for the valve relief. Im so pissed I feel like setting the car on fire and calling the insurance company. I payed $1900.00 + $200.00 for a 383 stroker kit with 8.1 or 8 1/2.1 compression for twisted wedge heads I specificly told the guy what heads I had because I knew he would have to get custom pistons. Well then the one week motor project hit a snag they couldn't find the right crank for the 383 so without my permission (not even a phone call) they take it upon themselves to change it to a 408 kit. The only way I found out is because I called to check on the parts myself. Now they got the wrong pistons and I have to pay more for the machine work and have the pistons re-balanced. One more setback and I may call it quits for good.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:27 PM   #23
SlowJoe
Mind Blowing

I would tell them to give my money back and call CHP. I would not pay for fly cutting! It was there screw up. Dont give up hang in there!
WTB 1955 t-bird project
SlowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #24
93cobra1928
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoupe View Post
I would tell them to give my money back and call CHP. I would not pay for fly cutting! It was there screw up. Dont give up hang in there!
+1 it's their problem
Proud owner of 93 Cobra #1928
306ci Forged flat tops, Windsor Sr iron heads, FMS X-303 cam, OE Cobra upper and lower, 65mm tb, 70mm maf, 24lb injectors, BBK shorties, Summit H-pipe and Flo-bastards
93cobra1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #25
BLOWN95GT

Yea I think I will call Probe Industries and CHP tomorrow and see what they can do for me. I may just get my money and block back and totaly go somewhere different. Seems like the best idea at the moment anyway.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #26
CrazyInBlack
Crusin...

I have never had an engine built. But as far as general business practice it seems like this is their mistake and they should fix it.
Liberal education has nothing to do with liberal or conservative politics. Liberal education is the simple idea of a broad and well-rounded course of study in the humanities, social sciences, sciences, and the arts. The overarching goal is to liberate the mind from ignorance and superstition.
CrazyInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #27
grabbinandstabbin

who is doing you machine work/ building? would like to know. i have been told there is a guy in odenville that does good work.
grabbinandstabbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:18 AM   #28
BLOWN95GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabbinandstabbin View Post
who is doing you machine work/ building? would like to know. i have been told there is a guy in odenville that does good work.
A machine shop in Leeds I will post there name up later but for right now I wouldn't go to Leeds AL. For machine work.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:32 PM   #29
BLOWN95GT

Talked to the machine shop today, told them to send the stroker kit back and I will be there when they open tomorrow to get my money and block. I called PROBE INDUSTRIES and got a price on a stroker kit, $1,689 for the 408 stroker probe kit with free balancing and 9.1 compression. Is 9.1 compression good for a turbo motor? I also called the machine shop that has done all of my past headwork he is going to bore,notch,balance, and blueprint my motor for what the other place was going to charge to bore the block, and flycut the pistons.
Should I get the internal balanced kit or the 28oz. kit? or does it really matter? I have a Fidanza aluminum flywheel and have to order a new friction insert so only thing I would have to buy is the harmonic balancer.

Last edited by BLOWN95GT; 06-24-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #30
grabbinandstabbin

on the balancer i would say go 0 balance. but that is my opinion. for the balance on the crank, rods and pistons there is a guy in anniston named ed chandler that has done a couple balance jobs for me in the past and did me a dang good job at a fair price. i have always been told not to buy a balanced kit. i was told it is a waste of money and that it would need to be rebalanced anyway. i also found that it was cheaper to buy the unbalanced kit and pay him to balance it that it was to buy the balanced kit. lmk if you need his number. he only charged me 125 to balance everything but that was several years ago.
grabbinandstabbin is offline   Reply With Quote