StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #11
1Quik85GT

car looks good,
1Quik85GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #12
TurboPete

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
Car looks good... I saw it several times at the race but didn't realize it was you.

It should easily run faster than 10.0's with a 78mm turbo. Is it still tuned with a Mass Air meter??? Put a FAST or BS3 on it (speed density) with a 3 bar MAP sensor, and shoot for low 9's or better.

Thanks keep in mind the car weighs 4100 pounds and I was on my frt 20" street tires that weigh a ton.
I had the boost at 22.6 and I was dialing myself in for the 10.0 class . Im sure the car will go 9.60s turning up the boost.
Remember this car also has STOCK HEADS and CAM.
Still tuned with factory computer and a DiabloPreditor with a Blow Thru Meter set up PMAS.

Pete
89 Fox Body 14k original miles lots of goodies!
TurboPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:20 PM   #13
TurboPete

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtusnake View Post
congrats. The car is moving out. What bov are you running?

Its a Tial Q.

Pete
Old 03-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #14
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Not to bad at all Pete.....very nice.

I am still waiting on the dealer to see what the 2011 5.0 costs...
Old 03-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #15
TheJeanyus
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboPete View Post
...and CAM.
It might go even faster with BOTH cams.
TheJeanyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:38 AM   #16
TurboPete

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJeanyus View Post
It might go even faster with BOTH cams.

Hahahahaha I didn't realize I wrote that , Thanks your Right!

Pete
Old 03-14-2010, 07:30 AM   #17
Wickd GT
Friends

Good runs Pete! Looking at your videos, where is the cage? Do you have a 6 point, I didn't see it.

Edgar
Wickd GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #18
TurboPete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickd GT View Post
Good runs Pete! Looking at your videos, where is the cage? Do you have a 6 point, I didn't see it.

Edgar

Hahahha, my Cage? Its somewhere at a local shop in town

I was told I need a cage to compete next time at least a 6 point.

I also need to see what Im going to do about the inlet temps. Im probably leaving like 60 hp on the table at 22 psi's with the temps in the 180s.

If I can bring the temps down the car will run 9.70s all day with the mph back up were it should be , and by changing the converter lock up .
Either way Im happy with the way the car performed . I was able to get alot of seat time in it and understand more of what its doing going down the track . Three of my T&T passes were all in the 6.3 something 1/8ths which should have been 9.90s but the MPH was a bit low at the top end since the temps were so high.
I DONT want to put a Water to Air since its a street car , I don't want all the extra hardware so I may look into building a new Air to Air bigger and maybe cross flow to bring the temps down. Ive got a New Oil pump coming in so I hope to be out at the track by the end of the month and see if I can make a couple 9 sec passes with the boost turned up some more and a different shift tune in it.
I was telling Dave in a couple months maybe towards the end of May I would like to come up for the weekend and bring the fox body if its done , if not Ill bring the S197.

Here's a video of the 9 sec pass its not very good but its all we have. I couldn't hear myself think the car next to me was extremely loud.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MAKPERFO.../6/V-Ptx0l0EKo

Pete

Last edited by TurboPete; 03-14-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #19
SlowJoe
Mind Blowing

safety first!!!!!
WTB 1955 t-bird project
SlowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #20
1Quik85GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboPete View Post
Hahahha, my Cage? Its somewhere at a local shop in town

I was told I need a cage to compete next time at least a 6 point.

I also need to see what Im going to do about the inlet temps. Im probably leaving like 60 hp on the table at 22 psi's with the temps in the 180s.

If I can bring the temps down the car will run 9.70s all day with the mph back up were it should be , and by changing the converter lock up .
Either way Im happy with the way the car performed . I was able to get alot of seat time in it and understand more of what its doing going down the track . Three of my T&T passes were all in the 6.3 something 1/8ths which should have been 9.90s but the MPH was a bit low at the top end since the temps were so high.
I DONT want to put a Water to Air since its a street car , I don't want all the extra hardware so I may look into building a new Air to Air bigger and maybe cross flow to bring the temps down. Ive got a New Oil pump coming in so I hope to be out at the track by the end of the month and see if I can make a couple 9 sec passes with the boost turned up some more and a different shift tune in it.
I was telling Dave in a couple months maybe towards the end of May I would like to come up for the weekend and bring the fox body if its done , if not Ill bring the S197.

Here's a video of the 9 sec pass its not very good but its all we have. I couldn't hear myself think the car next to me was extremely loud.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MAKPERFO.../6/V-Ptx0l0EKo

Pete
NMRA let you run those ET's without a cage?
1Quik85GT is offline   Reply With Quote